Please consider sharing your Time, Treasure, or Talent!
For more than 50 years, The Children’s Institute (TCI) has been developing the academic, social, behavioral, communication, life and career skills of children, adolescents and young adults with autism and related disabilities. We use an array of evidence-based strategies including Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), Differentiated Instruction and Universal Design.
We are a state-approved private special education school. As such, the New Jersey Department of Education places significant restrictions on any government funding we receive. To supplement our program, TCI relies on charitable contributions to support many of our innovative programs including:
- The Center for Independence- TCI's new program for adults age 21 and over, The Center for Independence provides individualized services improve vocational skills, social skills, and life skills.
- Community-Based Instruction (CBI)- taking students into the community for "real-life" lessons like shopping, eating out, and getting a haircut
- Health and Fitness- TCI conducts an annual Health and Fitness Fair that is open to the surrounding community
- Respite Weekends- during the school year, small groups of students are invited to stay overnight at TCI and participate in numerous life-skills activities including shopping, cooking, and housework. Respite weekends also provide parents with an opportunity to spend time with each other.
- Travel Independence Program (NJTIP)- provides training and practice for students using New Jersey's public transportation system.
- After School Activites- Three days per week, students have the opportunity to participate in after-school activities.
- Family Education- TCI's Family Workshop Series provides parents with access to experts in the field of autism and special education. Dinner and childcare is provided free of charge so that parents can easily attend these informative sessions.
TCI is recognized by the IRS as a 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Donations made to TCI are tax-deductible within the limits allowable by the Internal Revenue Service.
Click Here to make a contribution to support the The Children's Institute.
Click here for more information about volunteering at The Children's Institute
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of individuals with autism and related disabilities!