We know that education is the primary intervention for young children with an autism spectrum disorder. Our state-approved curriculum emphasizes effective, evidence-based interventions. It focuses not only on the acquisition of knowledge and new skills, but also on socialization, language and communication strategies, and modifying those behaviors that can interfere with learning and living.
Our data-driven program adheres to all of the dimensions of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA): it is applied, behavioral, analytic, technological, conceptually systematic, and effective and applies procedures of generality of behavior.
Our Preschool/Elementary Program offers:
- A full day of instruction
- An individualized program
- Class size of no more than 6 students
- Student:staff ratio of 1:1 for preschoolers
- Student:staff ratio of 2:1 for students in elementary grades
- Instruction intervention based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), the systematic application of the science of Behavior Analysis.
- Traditional discrete trial teaching and verbal behavior techniques.
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy and/or Physical Therapy available onsite (as contracted by the sending district).
- Special Programs designed to teach “the whole child”including Music, Art, Computers and Adaptive PE
- Integrated Preschool
Our Preschool/Elementary program is overseen by:
Tara Hayek, Assistant Principal